Things I wish I had learned in school…..
1. More about research, particularly with dysphagia.
2. More about treatment techniques, we touched on things like the Mendelsohn.
3. Symptoms of each dysfunction.
4. I wish we had more opportunities to trial equipment, observe MBSS, etc.
5. I wish I had learned more about radiation and the effects of radiation.
6. I wish we had focused more on muscles and cranial nerves.
Of course 10 years ago, my Dysphagia course was an elective, not a requirement and we had very little time to cover so very much. I believe our class met once a week.