1. The Awards Ceremony-Not that the actual event was anything to write about. It was particularly boring and the main award winner/presenter did not even attend. I still am trying to figure out why anyone would want to receive a large glass, purple bowl as an award. I see that as a joke on Tosh.0. Then we move on to the red 80’s prom dress. I think we all had several evenings of enjoyment over that!!!
2. Grammatical error’s at the ASHA convention. The big sign that greeted us all as we entered the San Diego Convention Center….Welcome to ASHA Convention. Really?!?!?! I think the real treat for us all was the constant use of apostrophes on the slides when the words shouldn’t have even been plural.
3. Learning all about the iGo from Tara. Who knew that it would become a must-have!! I bought one in the airport on my way home.
4. The vast amount of iPads that came out at every session. I don’t ever think I’ve seen so many iPads in one location before the ASHA convention.
5. Last, but most certainly not least, the new friendships! Sure, I spoke to many of these people online, some for quite some time. Meeting SLpeeps in real life was amazing. There were no awkward moments. We hugged and started talking a mile a minute like we hadn’t seen each other in years. We all became quick friends, new and old SLPeeps alike. This is absolutely what I am looking forward to for next year’s convention.