2016 was a busy year here at Dysphagia Ramblings. Unfortunately, the blog took the hit in the fight for time.
During 2016, Dysphagia Ramblings published 13 new blog posts. Thank you to all for reading my posts and for always encouraging me just when I need it.
I’m participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge, so there will be a new blog post everyday in January! Plus there are exciting new additions coming to Dysphagia Ramblings. I know I’m excited and hope that you are as well!
So, what were the top 10 blog posts for 2016? Here you go! Click on the title if you would like to reread the post for a re-fresher or if you would like to read it for the first time! Here’s to a strong 2017 in blogland!
1. “Aspiration Risk” Take a look at the term “aspiration risk” and why we need to really think about this term before labeling our patients.
2. Carbonated Beverages Explore the use of carbonated beverages and it’s sensory benefits. Spoiler alert-carbonated beverages do not equal nectar thick liquids!
3. The Cost of Thickened Liquids What does the use of thickened liquids really cost our patients?
4. ACP and sEMG: Synchrony for Dysphagia Taking a look at the new Synchrony system from ACP. More than just a video game.
5. CTAR (Chin Tuck Against Resistance) Using a chin tuck as an exercise rather than just a compensatory strategy.
6. Exercises, Techniques, Compensations Explore various exercises, techniques and compensations used in dysphagia therapy.
7. Oral Care Take a look at oral care and prevention of aspiration pneumonia.
8. Respiratory Muscle Strength Training What applications to dysphagia can we see from RMST?
9. Thickened Jello? Eileen from Simply Thick shares her recipe for thickened jello.
10. Gelmix Thickener A look at Gelmix thickener.
I am definitely looking forward to what 2017 brings!! What are some topics that interest you?